Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pork roast and Mashed Potatoes

With being the first week of deer season, I try to keep things quick meals. Like tonight will be a pork roast and mashed potatoes. Since I can only guess what time, my husband will be home, it's a perfect meal. I put the roast in the crock pot this morning, so that is done already, and just set on warm. I put it in about 7a on low, and let it cook all day. I added about 2 cups of water to the roast. Normally I would add carrots and potatoes about 1p, but today we are doing mashed potatoes. I got a great deal on potatoes this week 8lbs for $1.

I do add some butter, and milk to my potatoes. And for that extra yumminess, I saved some of the liquid from the roast and will add that into the potatoes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment