Saturday, November 21, 2009

Apple Pie

For this I will just use the Pillsbury Pie Crust. Normally I would make my own, but since this was a last minute thought to make a pie for dessert, I don't have much time. The pie filling is already been canned and in the basement, so it's a quick throw together and be done.

I canned the pie filling about 2 weeks ago. To make place the crust in the pan. Add bread crumbs to the bottom. You will want to add more or less, depending on how juicy the filling is. If there is a lot of liquid, add more. This helps to soak up the liquid so your crust isn't soggy. you can use a second pie crust for the top. I make a topping.

Topping is 2 parts flour, 1 part sugar, 1 part butter. Normally it's 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter. You can adjust the topping as you want to. Cut the butter into the flour sugar. I have a pastry blender to do this with, or you can use a work. When it's nice and crumbly looking, and well mixed, add to the top of the pie

Bake the pie about 45 min in a 350 oven. Perfect time to pop those sweet potatoes in as well. If your crust is browning TOO much, add some foil around the edges. That will prevent over browining.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment