The next time I make them, I am going to use homemade eggnog, and thinking of making some "adult only" ones. If they turn out, I will have to post that as well.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons rum extract, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, combine the pudding mix, eggnog and milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon extract. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover surface of pudding with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and remaining extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and allspice. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of well-greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon pudding into cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.