Friday, November 6, 2009

Homemade Noodles

So sitting here trying to figure out dinner, and thought about making some spaghetti and meatballs. I already have the sauce canned, so don't have to worry about making that one. Since that is an all day process. So I decided since I have about an hour until dinner, I would make some homemade noodles.

Homemade Noodles

2 cups flour
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup water
1 tsp oil (I use olive oil)
1 tsp italian seasoning (optional, but we love it)

Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add the wet. Mix well. Once everything is well mixed, place 1/3 cup flour on a flat surface and turn dough out onto. Knead the dough about 8-10 minutes until dough feels smooth, and has some stretch to it. Then let it rest about 10-15 min.

After the dough has rested, divide into 4 sections. Work one section at a time. Roll out one section, until about 1/8 to 1/16 thick. I roll out thinner, as my family likes it that way. Roll out how your family will like it. The thinner the noodles, the quicker they will cook up.

Once rolled out, cut to your desired. If you want to make linguine or fettuccine, the easiest was it to roll the dough loosely and cut into 1/4 inch strips. I used a pizza cutter to help cut them. Put a ruler every spot I wanted to cut, and then just rolled the cutter on through.

You cook them about 4-6 minutes in boiling water. I just sample them, when I think they are done. And when they taste good, they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment