Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shredded BBQ Pork, Coleslaw

So since my hubby wasn't sure what time he would get home tonight, I thought a crock pot meal was the best. I throw a pork shoulder roast in the crockpot about 7 this morning. I had it on high for about 3 hours, since it was still frozen, then kicked it to low for another 5 hours. I then pulled it out, and shredded it up. Placed it back in the crock pot and SMOTHERED in BBQ sauce

I figured it can sit there until he comes home in about 2 hours or so.

I then decided to make some homemade bread. And then I thought about these sandwiches we had that had coleslaw on them with the pork. not sure what they were called, but they were GOOD. So I chopped up some cabbage, and added some dressing. If i could remember those sandwiches, then i would know what coleslaw dressing to use. But since I can't, i just added about 1/2 cup mayo, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tsps sugar. I then about between 1-2 tsp salt right to the cabbage after it was shredded, but before making the dressing.

It says to let it sit at least 2 hours in the fridge, and up to 24 hours. So it will be there about 2 hours. We will see how it tastes

No comments:

Post a Comment