Monday, December 14, 2009

Open Faced BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Dinner tonight sounds so good to me. I made 2 fresh loaves of bread, and they just came out of the oven. Timed it, so they will be out about 45 minutes before we eat. enough time to cool it down, but will still be warm inside.

I used my bread maker to make the dough, and made a 2 lb loaf. I then split that into 2 loaves and let rise until double in bulk and baked at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.

I made a pork roast yesterday in the crock pot. I let it simmer all day on low. Today I cut the fat off the roast, and shredded the pork. I then placed that back into the crock pot with some bbq sauce, and a can of tomato soup. I added about half a can of water as well. I let that simmer about 6 hours on low.

I then have some homemade mashed potatoes to go with it.

I then made up 2 pumpkin pies. I figured if I was using the oven for the bread, I should get some pies made as well. I made 2 pies, and will freeze one for a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment